Friday, October 8, 2010

Hunter: On Licenses

While we were driving around yesterday, Hunter began review with me some thing he had learned from a delivery driver at his daddy's work. This man was gracious enough to let an extremely inquisitive young boy pelt him with a zillion questions......

Now a month later...... a few parts of the information from the interview have been changed....

The setting is in the blue buhvervan.... I am driving in the rain, and concentrating way more on the road than the prattle that is coming out of Hunter in the back seat....Evan is with us, and frankly I think he was trying to impress his brother with his new found knowledge.

.... he says " did you know that semi truck drivers need a special license? "

I nod....He keeps going, because he really didn't want an answer....  he knows I am half ignoring him...so is his brother.

" Everyone else has a regular license.  They have a special one.  If they don't have this special one, they could get arrested, or even thrown in jail."  .... I don't have the heart to tell him those are the same thing.  He sounds so grave and desperate when he adds "jail" to the end of a sentence for emphasis.  I like the fact that he thinks it is horrible....

He keeps going.... I think now he is liking the sound of his own voice....
.
" The special license is called an OCD license........"

I lost it.  I was unable to listen further.  Both Evan and I cracked up.
The mental picture was too much to bear.

I just had visions in my head of semi truck drivers walking around their trucks adjusting the lug nuts so they were all in line.... straightening and re-straightening their pencils before the test..... tapping the steering wheel three times before starting the truck.....

oh man... funny stuff.....

3 comments:

  1. Oh if only we really DID have to pass tests and have licenses for our anxieties!

    And I can just see Evan patiently listening to his little brother.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...