Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mexico Moments

There are many ways to prepare yourself for a journey out of the country. This particular trip to Mexico will not be for resort reasons... I will not be lounging by the pool, or by the ocean.  This trip will be into the suburbs of Mexico City, Mexico.  It will be a chance to be the hands and feet of Jesus to those in need.  I am trying to prepare myself by spending much time talking with the Lord, trying to be still and hear how he wants me to serve Him.

This last week I have been reading about Amy Charmichael, a missionary to India, in a book that was written by Elisabeth Elliot.  I have been in awe of her faith, in God as her supreme provider.  He never failed to meet a NEED for her or her orphans....  With that in mind, I began to seek God to meet the need of finances for this trip to Mexico.

Tonight my Pastor came up to me and said that our family had recieved a donation for $500 for our trip.  I almost broke into tears.  It was a sweet moment when we were able to say AMEN, and praise our Great and Wonderful God for meeting this need.

Please continue to partner with us in prayer, as we prepare ourselves to be used of God, and bring glory to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...