Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Little-est Sister

So again, long long ago, in a land far away.... Mom and Dad brought home ANOTHER sister for me to play with.  I don't know where they kept getting them.... musta been a summer sale on babies or something....
I remember liking this one.... I was older.  I don't have to rely so much on the photographic evidence.
I was going into the 4th grade..... and she was supposed to be born on the 4th of July.  I couldn't think of a cooler day to be born than the day we had a huge party on the corner and lit things on fire.
Alas, she missed the party we had for her........

Over the years, I will have to say it was fun to have a sister so much younger than I.  She always thought I was cool.  She didn't tattle on me like that other one they brought home....  She liked to go in rides in my car.  She was cute, and had the best freckles.

She loves animals.  Especially dogs.  She is the best Dog Mom in the Universe.  If you don't believe me, just ask Sierra.... she'll tell ya.

Ames, you are amazing.  You have grown from the pigtailed little girl who shared my room and complained when my legs needed shaving...... into an amazing woman of fortitude and spiritual substance.  You are the chronicler of our family memories, the keeper of traditions, the loudest cheerleader for all your nephews and niece.  Your heart is a big as the sky, and you know just what to do to make everyone around you feel special, welcome, and loved.  Your sacrifice of time to help mom with dad....... well.... to say I am grateful, sounds lame.  There aren't words to describe what you did, and how I feel about it. 

If I wasn't in Mexico, I would love to take you to Half Moon Bay for your birthday; or maybe just load the car up with kids and dogs, and drive from SF down to Santa Cruz, and stop and play along the way.  Maybe stop at a few Antique stores if we could keep the kids from touching anything.... Take our cameras, and find letters in the landscape.... or just take a bazillion or so more pictures of all the kids.... I know you need a new few more...lol
Somewhere in there would have to be a bowl of Clam Chowder and a nod to Dad.... He loved you so much and he would be the first in line to try to make your Birthday special.

I love ya kid~ Have a wonderful birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh you!!! I am Sobbing. I'm typing by braille because my eyes are filled with tears. I love you and really miss you.

    I know if you where here we would have done all of those things and more. Mom, Brent and I went to the fish market and had a nod to dad. We remembered ALL of the many memories we've shared there. I added a cup of clam chowder to my order just because we had too. I got to talk to Maya too, he sent me a birthday video to my phone.

    Really praying for you guys I hope its been a wonderful life changing time for you all.

    Love Auntie Maymme

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...