Thursday, February 25, 2010

Busy Week

This week was fun and busy.  My sister decided to come up for a week long visit.  It is always such fun to have Auntie Maymee around.  Her smile lights up a room, and her love surrounds us all.  The kids got to go to the park with her for a picnic.  We went shopping at all the Antique stores in town.... She learned to ride the "wheeled contraption of death"  aka The RipStik....She got to go to the Farm and see all the goats, and chickens and take home eggs and yummy goat sticks.......it was lots and lots of fun.
I have been given the opportunity to try out for a review team.  The Old Schoolhouse Magazine, is a homeschool magazine that I subscribe to.... they use a small army of volunteers to test new products, and then write about them, so other folks can see what people liked and disliked, before they purchase the product.  I am in the midst of working on the first product with Hunter and I am excited for the second one.  Hopefully God will allow me the opportunity to write and share with others in this way.
I have also beeing thinking about starting a "homeschool" blog.... one that shares links I have found, and encouragement for other parents that homeschool.  Sometimes I think people get overwhelmed with the choices that are out there.... or they don't know where to start, or even if they are going to be able to do it.  It isn't like I think I have all the answers, I just think a little encouragement can go a long way.  Pray with me about starting this new blog....  It will mean more writing.... but writing is one of the ways I feel God wants me to share with others His truths.

Tomorrow we have a Ladies Fellowship night... and I need to make cornbread for 41 people....So I suppose that I should get off the computer, and out of my pajamas.... and start managing my time better today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...