Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mom's brag book

Sometimes, a momma just has to brag on her kids.
Yesterday someone came up to me to tell me how wonderfully polite and courteous my oldest son was.  She was impressed that he always opened the door for her, and greeted her by name, and asked how she was doing.... She just figured that I might want to know.  I thanked her, and then came home and thanked my son for being a good kid.  I think he thought he was in trouble when I first started talking to him, and by the time I was finished he looked pleasantly embarassed.  Good job son.  I love you.  Keep up the good work.

Next....this was something that was written by my daughter............ I thought it was pretty interesting, and I am proud of her for not only writing it, but posting it to her Facebook page for all her friends to read.

To be a christian is intentional. To live a godly life is intentional( Joshua 1:8,9) Being intentional and having courage. What does it mean to have courage? 2 Peter 1:5-9 says that we are to add virtue to our faith. Virtue is doing the thing God wants us to do so that He may use us in even greater ways. To Virtue we add Knowledge. After you have this foundation you can start building your character. To knowledge we add self control. To have self control is to having self controll over your internal passions. Ladies - to have the courage to say "No" to men , to say " God is first in my life, not you " Guys- To be able to put your desires aside and put God and her first. The world today rejects accountablility. To reject accountability is to reject self control. So then to self control we add perserverance. Perserverance is to be able to withstand the outside pressures. To perserverance we add godliness. Disipline your self toward godliness (1Timothy 4:7). To godliness we add brotherly kindness. And to brotherly kindness we add love. To be a christian is intentional . Im not saying that you have to work for your salvation. These things are what we do to be more like Jesus AFTER we have been given the free GIFT of salvation. God wants to use us People !! But how can He when we are taking the easy road??? What is there to use as a shining light if we walk and talk just like the darkness??? How can we move forward in Christ if we never try? we dont just stay in one place . We move farther and farther away. Christianity is NOT a safty card in your back pocket that says " I can do whatever I want , I wont go to hell" Christianity a desire to be more like Jesus more and more everyday. Jesus died for us while we were spiting in His face. While we mocked and scorned Him. While we rejected and hated Him. He can MOST CERTAINLY save us and mold us into what He wants us to be. To be a christian is intentional .



Thank you Lord for allowing me to raise these kids, and for helping me do it each and every day.

3 comments:

  1. You have wonderful kids to brag about Julie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have MUCH to brag about- they are awesome kids! My heart swelled and my eyes teared all up when I read Tay's note.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i look forward to them mentoring my kids in hopes my kids turn out like them. let them know i pray for them. i know it's not always popular to take this stand, or easy to stand this strong when you're with friends who are not walking like this. glorify God and enjoy him forever right?- looks like they're on that road. praise Him!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...