Friday, June 25, 2010

Simple Pleasures

This morning, as I shuffled over to the coffee pot for my second cup.......I caught myself with a little smile on my face. Why you may ask?


I was thinking about last night..............

The day of the week was not so extraordinary, it was Thursday. We didn't do anything that was extra special. Tayler had a softball game. We decided to walk to the burger stand by the ball field with Evan, Hunter and Jeremiah, and have soft serve ice cream for dinner. I got to hold Big Daddy's hand while we walked. Evan ordered a blackberry cone, Hunter ordered black cherry, Jeremiah chose tutti frutti, Big Daddy and I rounded out the order with pina colada and cheesecake. We sat at the tables outside, enjoying the breeze, and watching helicopters, cars and clouds go by. Jeremiah got sticky and wore more than he ate. Everyone shared licks of their flavors..... It was a perfect, lazy, early summer evening.......


and it is still making me smile....................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...