Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Sense of Humor

Something that I am very grateful for is my sense of humor. Having one, enables you to see the good in life, even when things just seem to suck. ( yes mom, I used a truck driver word.) When you are able to see things that are sad as funny.... it takes the sting out of some of the pain.

My dad is full of things to say the last few days. Things that are silly, because that is they way his mind works. The way the words come together for him is making him a comedian. Now we could take these things, and say.... oh it is so sad, look at the way his mind is failing him.... he can't even talk right..... and we could become more and more depressed. Instead, we choose to write them down and share them with each other, and crack up laughing.... because being sad, wouldn't be true to our family's nature.

Here are some examples:
"Dad, would you like an orange?"
"No, I don't think so, I mean it sounds good and all, but they don't know their head from a hole."
or
"yuck!!!!" (he was talking about something he was eating) "what kind of lie are you trying to tell me?"

There are many others.... Amy is trying to write them all down in a notebook kept in the kitchen. What a treasure that will be as time marches on and things change..... little moments immortalized forever, that will make us laugh and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...