Friday, December 4, 2009

Some days I totally get why we do what we do. I understand why we home school. Why we raise our children in the love and admonition of the Lord. It is usually in the midst of days that find me almost wanting to wring a child's neck.... that these " i get it " moments happen.

Yesterday was a neck wringin' day for Hunter. He was on my LAST NERVE! He was fighting with his bigger siblings... seeking to be as annoying as possible to all people he lived with. I took him to the store, here is how it went.....he wanted a fruit roll up... no ... a new toy... no.... a fun kid kind of yogurt...no.... Hunter we are not getting anything that isn't on our list........ in line at the check out... mom can i have.......... BIG SIGH from me..... NO!...

Later in the evening he was told to get ready for bed.... he then lied about something he had been asked to do.... so it was time for discipline. This is when his attitude went off the hook. After the discipline... he tried to take a swing at me....
This got him a long soak in a kitchen chair while daddy and I decided to have a conference.
We came back and had a long talk. At the end of it, he looked at us and asked us if we would forgive him. He came to us individually and asked. He said he wanted to pray... and ask God for forgiveness....

And that prayer was the "i get it" moment. He asked God to forgive him. He prayed for help to grow to the man God wanted him to, for help to be a good man like Papa, for help listening to mamma and daddy, and for help not to lie.

It was such a sweet from the heart prayer. The restoration that happens when you discipline God's way is amazing. I am so glad we have the opportunity to do it that way....all day long... so that there is consistency. I ended the day blessed by the child that had given me the most grief. Thank you God for giving me the ability to raise these kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...