Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Today when I opened my email... there was an urgent update for a family friend. He was diagnosed last year with the same type of Brain Tumors that my dad had. He is 44. He had fallen twice in the last two days.... he was rushed to the hospital. My emotions were very raw. Much more so than I thought they would be. I was sure that the changes in his consciousness and moods were signs of new growth of his tumor, and that quickly this cancer would claim another life. All the feelings of fear and helplessness came flooding back.... and unlike when I was there for my family.... this time I wasn't able to "suck it up" as well. Later today they sent an update that he is ok... the falls were from his seizure medication being out of balance....

In the midst of the crying jag I had in the shower over this all..... I was gently reminded that God is in control..... Romans 8:28 "and we know all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose"
I just needed to be reminded that God is working through things even when I see them as "bad". That His purposes are not my purposes. I know the family are believers, and I pray that this friend has asked the Lord for forgiveness too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...