Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I Survived!

We made it out alive!  We made it through our crazy vacation and managed not to lose anyone, or any luggage..... well, almost, but those are stories you will have to wait for.....

If you remember back a few weeks ago we were just beginning our trip to New York to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

At the time, you may remember me mentioning the fact that my aunt was delusional.....  I still stand by that statement, but I will add that she has an amazing little elf named Amy, and a taller one named Brent, that helped to make her delusion a reality.

I hope I can begin to describe to you how this trip went. 

It started on Monday night,  we had made it through the security check point in the airport, and with the recent "junk touching" incidents that had been on the news....  I was ever grateful that we were spared being pulled aside for any type of search by the TSA.

Sorry, I got sidetracked.

So we are there sitting at the gate waiting for our flight, the boys are hooked up to their electronic brain draining devices.... and Tour Guide Barbie ( also affectionately known as Auntie Maymee ) plops a 5 page itinerary, and google calendar of events in my lap.  It was beginning to look at lot less like a vacation, and more like a Navy Seal insertion and extrication mission.  I had the sinking feeling that sleep was going to be a very small component of this vacation.

We board our transport vessel and realize that Jeremiah is supposed to be sitting in the middle of row 19 surrounded by two people who I am sure were very kind, but were none the less, strangers.  Hunter was in the middle of row 22, and thought that sitting by himself was fabulous.  I am not so sure the guy he fell asleep and drooled on thought the same thing....  I was in the middle of row 24, and Jody was with the two oldest in a complete row.  Jeremiah and I switched seats with them, so that he could be with mommy and daddy and kick us in his sleep.    He was absolutely thrilled with the take off... and thought all the lights on the ground were so cool.  He fell asleep about 20 minutes into the flight, and woke up as we were taxiing to the gate in JFK.  When we woke him up to tell him we were in New Yort.  He sleepily replied " Dat wuz an awesum wide."

Oh Jeremiah...  if you only knew... 'da wide', is just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...