Tuesday, December 14, 2010

NYC Day 1 ( The Rockettes Christmas Spectacular )

As the kids were putting up the Christmas decorations this year, they stumbled upon some old photos.  One in particular made me smile, because this is what I see in my mind every time I think of my Auntie Rene.
Really, I think that she should consider having her name legally changed, from Irene, to The Giver.  She loves to share all of who she is and what she has with others.  Fortunately for me, I was born into her family, and that gives me a wee bit of extra privilege.  Without her, not one minute of this trip would have taken place.  I can't say thank you enough.

One of the things that was on my Auntie Rene's must do list while we were in New York, was the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular.  I will freely admit that when this item was mentioned, I had a real hard time getting excited about watching a bunch of ladies stand in a line and kick their legs in the air.  Then, when I heard how much it cost....  I nearly fainted, and thought that it was awful expensive seating for a 2 hour nap.  Dear Auntie Rene really wanted to go, and set her elves to work to find the tickets.

Her elves were amazing.  They found Orchestra seating, about 40 rows back from the stage....ok.  I admit it.  I was starting to get excited.

After leaving Coney Island, we rode back into Manhattan and up to Rockefeller Center.  Did you know they have a Starbucks and a Dunkin Donuts under ground there?  Me either!... I thought that was sort of cool.
.......any....way.....

We came out of the building to see the hugest tree on the planet....  They were stringing the lights on it to be lit the following week.  We scurried past quickly and across the street to Radio City Music Hall, where we were very efficiently shooed inside before the show started.  Nine out of Eleven people decided they immediately needed to see what the bathrooms looked like.... so we headed down to find them.  We made it too our seats just as the show was starting.







See, I told you we had amazing seats.  The best part of the show was the finale.  It was a living Nativity scene.  It was a wonderful ending to see the real meaning of Christmas portrayed so beautifully.



Lastly, we capped off the day with losing Hunter in the crowd.  He was almost out the door before he realized the people he was following was not his family.  The staff helped us locate him, and all was well.  He only had two nightmares.

Here is a family photo before we lost him.

Now, get some rest....  you have to be up in 4 in the morning!  We are going to try to get inside Good Morning America!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...