Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cranberry Coconut Cookies

There are days that I just crave junk food.

Really, there are days when a package of Oreo's, well... they must just be eaten.

A week or so ago, I was in a whole package of Oreo's sort of mood.  It wasn't that it had to be chocolate, or anything, I just wanted something sweet.  So I was standing there opening and closing the cupboards.  Walking away when I didn't find anything already prepared.... and then repeating the process again 5 minutes later.... I was trolling the kitchen.  Not pretty.

In desperation, I started flipping through cookbooks, and hoping that a recipe would just jump out at me, fully prepared of course...

I came across a recipe for Oatmeal Cookies that I was suddenly inspired to fiddle with, and Cranberry Coconut cookies were born.

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 cups quick rolled oats
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 cup dried cranberries

Cream together butter and sugars until fluffy. Add vanilla.  Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.  Add soda and salt.  Add flour in stages, mixing as you go.  Add oats, one cup at a time, mixing after each addition.  Add coconut and cranberries, until just combined.

drop by spoonfuls onto a well greased cookie sheet ( if you use stoneware, you do NOT need to grease it )  Cook at 350 for about 10-15 minutes.
Makes about 7 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...