Monday, September 6, 2010

A Christian Home

Yesterday at church we celebrated Grandparents.  The theme of the songs and message were family inspired.  As we sang this hymn, I found myself praying it.  That this would be the kind of home we have for our children.  I thought about it so much during the day, that when we went back to church that night I copied it in my journal.....

A Christian Home
Text: Barbara B Hart
Music: Jean Sibelius ( Finlandia)

O give us homes built firm upon the Savior,
Where Christ is Head and Counselor and Guide;
Where every child is taught His love and favor
and give His heart to Christ, the crucified:
How sweet to know that though his footsteps waver
His faithful Lord is walking by his side!

O give us home with godly fathers, mother,
Who always place their hope and trust in Him;
Whose tender patience turmoil never bothers,
Whose calm and courage trouble cannot dim;
A home where each find joy in serving others,
and love shine tho days be dark and grim.

O Lord our God, out homes are Thine forever!
We trust to Thee their problems toil and care;
Their bonds of love no enemy can sever
If Thou art always Lord and Master there:
Be Thou the center of our least endeavor.
Be though out Guest our hearts and homes to share.


I hope and pray it is the kind of home you desire for your family as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...