Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sweet and Sour Chicken

This post was originally titled: Emergency!  I need dinner! 

As I was throwing this recipe into the crock pot for dinner, I decided I needed to share it with you all. Why? well, read on!


How many times have you looked at the clock around lunch time, and said " I forgot to take out the chicken! " or " I have 3000 things to do between now and dinner and no time to fit cooking in there!

Relax.
I've got ya covered.

It is simple, it is fast. It doesn't require pre-thawing a thing. If you keep three things in your pantry, you can always pull this amazing dish out of your hat.... still run all your errands and have dinner on the table before 6pm.

You will need the following:
Crock Pot
Frozen Chicken Breasts or Tenderloins
1 package of Onion Soup Mix
1 8oz bottle of Catalina Dressing
1 cup Apricot Jam

Directions:
grease or spray the inside of the crock pot.... this is a sticky dish and it will help you clean up!

place chicken in pot. Yes, frozen chicken. Ignore your Crock Pot directions and do as I tell you. ( For my family of 6 we would use say 10 tenderloin pieces or at least a whole breast per person)

Mix the other three ingredients together. Pour over chicken.
Cook on Low for 5 hours or until Chicken is done ( yes maybe before 5 hours it is done... depends on how much chicken you use, size of crock pot.... stuff like that) If the sauce looks to thick just add a bit of water while it is cooking...

Typically I serve this dish with Brown Rice and a green salad. There are many a great rice out there that can be nuked and set on the table fast. If you need that check into Trader Joe's Brown Rice. It is in their freezer section and great to have on hand when you don't have 20-40 minutes to cook rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...