Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Random Dozen~ #1

This looks like fun.... Linda lists the questions, you answer and link to her original blog post.

If you want to link up head over to 2nd Cup of Coffee and join in the fun!
1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything?
My Husband has service medals from several different military operations.  He also won a contest that was for military families, we got the outside of our house decorated for Christmas, Dinner and a Limo ride.... oh, and our picture and an article about him in the paper..... does that count?

2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military?
My Husband, He just finished his contract with the SeaBees. 


3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.
Stories of military families, or stories of what happens to a service member.... I am a complete sucker for those and need tissue regularly when I hear or read them.

4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?
I am numero uno in the birth order. Yes I do believe placement affects personality.  I can spot a middle child at a 100 yards......


5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents.
Love of the Lord, and Hospitality.  My Grandparents ALWAYS had someone over for dinner.  They had missionaries, new Christians, bible studies....whoever.... but lots of people.  They always were open about their faith and shared it with people over a good meal.  My Grandma studied the Bible like no one I have ever seen.  There were literally VOLUMES of binders from her studies of the Scriptures.


6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo?
Pants.  They just tend to be more comfortable to chase children in.


7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep?
Depends on the night.  Some nights 2 or three times, but that depends who screams my name in terror in the middle of the night, or how many times the cat brushes against my face to let me know she is either hungry, thirsty, or has to go out to go pee.  Last night.  I was blessed.  No cat, no screams.... mommy got to sleep right on through.
To get back to sleep....  I usually get in bed and close my eyes.  It doesn't take much.

8. Share a favorite movie quote.
Right now I would have to say "squirrel"  from UP! ...... we use this often on the children when they lose track in their conversation or jump topics mid-sentence.


9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent?
All of them? Can I pick that answer?  NO?.... ok...... Apple, pumpkin, whatever.... I love them all!

10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to?
Baking.  I love to Bake in the Fall.  Love the way the house smells when good things are being made in the oven.

11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.
My husband made me coffee and brought it to me in bed.  He put extra beans in the grinder..... cuz it was Monday....

12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be?
The first in-law-to-be that I met was my husband's sister.  During this first visit.... she barged in on me in the bathroom and snapped a photo of me... ahem.... sitting there...ahem... and did indeed take the developed picture HOME and showed it to her MOTHER!... ack!  Also that same trip, they had a food fight, not just any ole food fight.... but a cake-up-the-nose-and-ground-into-the-hair-ice-cream-in-your-ear-while-I-hold-you-in-a-head-lock, kind of food fight....... I did not come from a home that allowed such shenanigans.....  I did not know what to think about these people....

2 comments:

  1. #4 since I am the baby of the family I can spot an oldest child at the drop of a hat!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Must do! If you get this twice- sorry- I got a service error or some such nonsense the first time.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...